Have you ever had a stay at the hotel and encountered an enjoyable and pleasant experience? Or perhaps did you witness an awful one? Indeed, several elements might have contributed to your memorable vacation or probably ruined your stay.
If you have a strong desire to improve the hotel services’ quality, then the hotel management degree is the best fit. You will have the advantage of being a part of a dynamic, energetic, and ever-changing environment. Also, the perk of traveling and having fun tops the list of benefits.
Although many people assume that hotel management jobs don’t require any academic qualifications, and they are less skilled. However, this is not true. A simple handshake and a greeting seem like an easy task; acquiring a role at the managerial level is a whole different story. You need to ensure that the customers have the time of their lives while staying and don’t have to face any terrible situations.
Are you unsure about which profession to choose? Don’t sweat it. Read on below to find out some of the exciting and in-demand career pathways in this field:
Also known as tour guides, these professionals create routes and provide tours to their clientele. They accompany people to their favorite destinations and educate them about famous museums, historical places, or other sightseeing spots. They even have in-depth knowledge about the civilizations, locals and answer people’s questions while giving a tour.
If you wish to travel around the world, have fun, and make a living out of it, why not join this field? Numerous hospitality and tourism degrees online exist that can pave your way to become a tour operator. You will learn how to plan exceptionally memorable and unforgettable trips for people.
Some of the primary duties that you will perform as a travel operator are:
- Contact with hotels, airline staff, and resort management to make necessary arrangements
- Create tours within the budget of clients and select trending holiday spots
- Give out maps, guide, brochures to travelers for assistance
Hotel Sales Manager
If the idea of sitting in an office and behind your desk doesn’t appeal to you, you can go for a hotel sales manager position. Being a hotel sales manager, you will always remain on your toes, represent the hotel and bring external parties. You might have to travel internationally to attend meetings with clients and other hotel business executives to discuss important matters.
The following are some of the primary duties of a hotel sales manager:
- Set goals and outline business outcomes
- Prepare budgets, manage finances, and recruit staff
- Recognize new opportunities to boost sales
- Oversee hotel staff and ensure high-quality services
- Solve customer conflicts and complaints
Although by the name of this job role, it sounds fun. However, being a casino manager, you will have many critical responsibilities on your shoulders. These managers oversee the casino operations and take necessary measures to ensure that everything goes without a hitch. These professionals’ work hours are often long as casinos or gaming facilities remain open all night long.
The day-to-day job responsibilities include:
- Provide best services to ensure customer satisfaction
- Make sure that the casino follows the rules and regulations, and no one violates them
- Conduct interviews, hire and fire employees
- Prepare work schedules for different shifts
- Monitor financial performance to generate profits
- Ensure that the place complies with safety practices and health standards
If you have fantastic cooking skills and like to share your mouth-watering dishes with others, the executive chef should be your pick. Be a part of this profession and unleash your culinary talent.
Executive chefs prepare delicious meals for customers and supervise pantry room operations. Not only this, but they also prepare the menu and provide food stock. Creativity is a must-have skill for this profession as executive chefs try out new recipes almost every other day. They can either work in hotels, restaurants or even offer their services at cruise parties.
Everyday tasks of executive chefs are:
- Maintain hygiene while cooking and ensure tidiness in the kitchen
- Recruit employees for dishwashing and cooking meals
- Assess the work performance of employees
- Create reports on inventory cost and hand over to hotel manager
- Receive feedback on the food quality, services, and listen to customer issues
Do you enjoy making plans and feel content when such plans succeed? Being an event planner, you can achieve this sense of contentment by making plans and organizing them. These professionals are responsible for executing the events that meet the expectations of clients. They are constantly in contact with various artists, security personnel, and logistical staff to ensure smooth execution of events.
Apart from hotels, event planners work in different settings, such as management companies, convention centers, or even start work privately. You can organize sports events, concerts, parties, or any other public functions.
Some of the typical responsibilities include:
- Schedule meeting with clients and note their requirements
- Search venues and choose appropriate locations within the given budget
- Arrange decoration, make seating arrangements, and select catering services
- Monitor the performance and tidy up the venue post-event
It is safe to say that a hotel management degree can open gateways to a plethora of opportunities. You can pursue your interests and passion in any part of the world and operate business across the board. With the growing concept of the experience economy worldwide, you can play your role in providing an outstanding customer experience with different types of services. The degree can equip you with a combination of exceptional skills, fierce confidence, and professionalism to have the world at your feet.
Leave a Reply