Traditional marketing has always attempted to reach potential customers where they are most likely to be, either at home, driving, public transport etc… This marketing concept hasn’t changed, but the location of potential customers has.
Nowadays teaching your target audience translates to investing the majority of your marketing budget in digital marketing as it’s almost guarantee that your target audience is online. And this applies whether they are at home or using public transport for example. A company’s target audience undoubtedly will be found on the world wide web. So, it makes sense that ensuring your brand has a solid presence online, in other words, your digital marketing efforts, must be in line with this form of marketing, which is here to stay as the days of traditional marketing route only is long gone.
Never before has it been more important for the marketer responsible for an organisation’s digital marketing campaign to complete a digital marketing course to ensure that they not only fully understand the principles of digital marketing but also get a solid understanding of digital marketing techniques and tips.
Digital marketing overview
The aim of today’s marketer is not only to market to those who matter but to also make sure their brand, product and service retains a solid online presence but it’s also vital to constantly keep their digital marketing strategy up to date, in fact, you could say it’s a never-ending task.
The effective and successful promotion of your brand, products and services online is a definite skill and absolutely has to be part of an organisation’s marketing strategy. There are two main aims of all digital marketing strategies, which are increase website traffic and to monetise this traffic to increase overall revenue.
Digital marketing measurements
The great thing about digital marketing is that it’s measurable, which is a key benefit for any marketer. Knowing your target audience and being able to learn from analysing your digital marketing campaigns is key to online marketing success. Being able to accurately track response to your advertising campaigns is extremely advantageous.
Types of digital marketing
Since the appearance of the internet and more and more people being online the types of digital marketing have increased and show no sign of slowing down.Digital marketing options are endless and if incorporated correctly in an overall marketing strategythis form of marketing can have massive return on investment.
Digital marketing key principles
As we’ve established being able to measure digital marketing initiatives to show return on investment is important when it comes to influencing an organisation’s overall marketing decisions and to deliver results on investment.
Here are a few digital marketing key principles which help to improve return on investment.
- Measurement priority – Make measuring your digital marketing efforts a top priority and to constantly update your measuring techniques and tracking of your advertisements.
- Experiment often – It’s important to constantly experiment with your digital marketing mix and analyse which form of digital marketing performs the best for your business.
- Tacking – There are really great tracking tools available to help you actively track your digital marketing mix success. This key digital marketing principle is an absolute must that allows you to improve your strategy.
- Relative and authentic content – This is one of the most important principles of digital marketing as consumers face a daily barrage of content and it’s vitally important for them that the content they see is relevant to them.
- Marketing goals defined – Stating that you simply want your brand to be noticed online is no longer good enough for an effective digital marketing campaign. Your online marketing objectives need to be defined. Clear and precise goals digital marketing goals must be set as this can easily be overlooked.
Benefits of keeping digital marketing principles in mind
Despite digital marketing having been around for many years now there are still many people that still don’t quite understand all the benefits of a well planned digital marketing strategy. In fact, it’s been proven that companies who make us of all forms of digital marketing are almost three times likely to increase revenue growth.
Here are a few benefits of applying sound digital marketing principles
- Cost effective
- Increase conversation rates
- Increased online presence
- Brand awareness boost
Leave a Reply