Have you ever felt that your room is drab? If yes, then it is the perfect time to transform your room and your home on the whole by inducing some life to it. The addition of curtains is a great way to give an enhanced look to the room. Curtains are available in a wide range of colours, textures and patterns and are capable to bring about a positive change in our homes. You can style your home and give it a luxurious look just by using curtains innovatively.
Benefits of Curtains
Apart from adding life and colour to our homes, curtains also have a lot of benefits to offer us. Mentioned below are some of the benefits of having curtains at home-
- Designer curtains enhance the interiors of the house and add style to your living area.
- Curtains are a great way to filter natural light to your room
- It can also control the amount of light that you want to have in your home.
- It has the ability to absorb sound and makes the room calm and quieter.
- It helps in softening the window edges and adds texture to the wall.
- It is also used to make a partition in any space if you want to split the room into two parts.
- It adds grace to the room and gives a warm feeling and a finished look to the room.
Curtains are available in a variety of fabrics like polyester, rayon, silk, acrylic, lace, velvet and cotton. These are categorized into three types-
- Medium weight curtains – Medium weight curtains are those which are neither very heavy nor very light. Polyester, rayon and cotton curtains comes under this category. They are durable, affordable and versatile. These are also easy to clean and maintain. It is perfect for everyday use and comes in different colours and patterns. You can mix and match them with the other fabric in your home to achieve the best look.
- Heavyweight curtains – Heavyweight curtains are very useful to block sunlight and sound. If you have glass windows and doors, you can place these curtains there, to block the excess sunlight from entering the room. Silk and velvet curtains come under this category. They give a luxurious look to the room.
- Lightweight curtains – Acrylic curtains and lace fabric curtains comes under this category of lightweight curtains. They allow sufficient air supply to the room and gives a dreamy feel. The acrylic curtain also provides great insulation and dampen sound.
Select the type of curtain that you think would add style and valour to your living space considering the other fabrics present in your room. Make your room lively and full of colours and great textures with the draperies. Give your home a traditional look and a contemporary look as per your likes by using these draperies and enhance the beauty of your home décor.
You can have a collection of different varieties of these draperies and use them in different seasons or different occasions and add ambience to your home.