Organizing a closet depends on your motivation. If your closet is organized, you can easily find the item of clothing you want to wear. You can color-code or arrange your clothes depending on the season, even. Of course, the amount of organizing you can do in your closet depends on the space of your wardrobe, its size, and your lifestyle.
Given those conditions, you can still organize your closet despite its size and the number of clothes you have. Here are some of the things you could do.
- Gather the organizing supplies you’ll need, such as baskets to sort your clothes, marker pens and paper, paper bags, and trash bags.
- Remove every item inside your closet.
- Give your wardrobe a thorough cleaning. If you only clean your closet occasionally, it will have lint and dust buildup. Dust the hanging walls, rods, shelving, and baseboard. Sweep the floor, run the mop over the floor space or use a vacuum. Wipe the bins or baskets with a clean cloth.
- Separate the items you have taken out of your closet. Put them in the proper baskets, which you’ve labeled sell, recycle, keep, and donate. You could add another basket for everything else, such as receipts, tickets, loose change, cash, paper clips, and other small items.
- Bring back the things you want to keep. Group similar items together so you can quickly find what you need. Position the clothes you often use in front of the wardrobe and store seasonal items such as sweaters, jackets, and parkas at the back of your closet. Use closet organizers for small items and things that you can roll up or fold.
Things to keep in mind
Get everything that you need ready, so you do not run in and out of the room to get the right stuff. Do not attempt to clean out your closet when you are tired or have limited time.
- When you sort your clothes, remember to check every pocket. There might be some items left inside the pockets of jeans, trousers, and jackets.
- Throw away the items that are badly stained, out of style, or cannot be used/repaired. If you have clothes or shoes to donate, see to it that they are in good condition and wearable.
- Keep only the things that you need. Do not keep things you have not used for most of the year, and clothes and shoes that have gone out of style.
- Your closet has limited space. You can have more storage area if you purchase closet organizers. Some can hang from the door or the hanging rod. Some are plastic boxes with covers. It would be a good idea to identify the contents of each box, so you don’t have to take everything out to find what you need.
Enjoy a clutter-free closet by buying only the clothes you need and having a schedule for cleaning your closet regularly.
Do not just throw away the things that you do not need into a dumpster. Get in touch with a junk removal Miami company for the proper disposal of clutter, trash, and junk.
Leave a Reply