Losing a tooth (or multiple teeth) can be overwhelming and devastating. You might be uncomfortable in social settings or struggle to eat your favorite foods. Luckily, modern dentistry offers a solution for those who have lost their teeth. Dental implants is the ideal treatment if you want to fill in the gaps caused by missing teeth. They attach directly to your jaw and look and act just like natural teeth. Dental implants can change your life by building up your confidence, allowing you to eat your favorite food, and boosting your self-esteem.
Dental Implants are also the only tooth-replacement solution that helps preserve natural bone, as well as help stimulate new bone growth. More than 3 million people in the United States have implants and the number grows by 500,000 annually.
Dr. Bryan Shanahan in Flagstaff, AZ, a dentist at Peak Family Dental Care, often recommends implants to his patients because of these benefits. The exact type of implant you should get will depend on the number of teeth missing, as well as other aspects of your overall health.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are surgically placed directly into the jawbone between your gums. Because they are permanently fixed to bone, the implants don’t shift or cause any kind of discomfort that traditional bridges or dentures might.
Benefits of dental implants
- Comfort is the primary benefit. Dental Implants feel just like natural teeth, which means you can continue to eat your favorite foods.
- They have a greater success rate in comparison to other teeth replacement options.
- They help prevent the loss of bone, protecting you from a potentially disfigured face structure.
- The materials that dental implants are made of, do not decay and hence, there is no fear of cavities.
- Dental Implants on the loss of a tooth prevent the potential shift of the adjacent tooth from the so arisen gaps.
- They are a permanent solution to the loss of teeth and are not temporary like other teeth replacement options.
- They are easy to be taken care of. Dental implants do not require special products to be used post-treatment.
- They restore bite force. You can bite into your food with the same force as you would when it came to natural teeth.
How do dental implants improve your standard of living?
- Implants enable you to chew food more efficiently.
- They boost your self-esteem since you are now able to smile without embarrassment and be confident.
- Other tooth replacement options such as dentures, impair your ability to pronounce words correctly. This is not a problem in case of dental implants, because they function and feel just like natural teeth.
- They are firmly anchored and so they don’t shift in your mouth, hence saving you the embarrassment of eating or laughing in public.
- They help in restoring and preserving facial features.
Dental implants not only help in acquiring enhanced dental health, but also improve the quality of life, by boosting confidence, by enabling you to smile without any hesitation and by allowing you to eat your favorite food. It is the way to go for a pain-free and comfortable tooth/teeth replacement.