Classified ads are one of the great classics of the Internet and can be very useful for finding what you are looking for, since, unlike search engines, they work with much greater interaction between search and users, who will be able to compare different parameters such as price, condition, product or service.
Online Classified Ads
Within classified ads there are two main options, and one does not have to be worse than the other, it all depends on what you want to buy or sell:
- Free classified ads: As its name suggests, in principle it will not cost you anything to put the ad in this type of program, but then they can have premium functions or have buy / sell commissions.
- Paid classified ads: Set a fee per ad or per words.
What are Classified Ads for?
The main function of online classified ads is, as we told you above, to enable the purchase / sale of articles and services, that is, to exercise marketplaces between individuals, with which the transaction is simple and direct, without intermediaries.
The good part of this is that they are fast shipments, the product reaches its destination, it is paid and both parts are happy.
Now, there are many classified ad pages such like as replaced Backpage in Australia, some are specific (also called “niche”) and others are general, so much so that you can buy anything from used telephones in OLX to apartments, through babysitter services, a whole world to your reach!
The Big Market for Online Classified Ads
Within which they are still used in countries in which a good Internet culture has been reached, such as the United States or Europe, their main flourishing market at present are South American countries such as Mexico, Venezuela or Bolivia, where they are hitting very hard. and they still have a way to go.
Tips for Drafting Classified Ads
Classified ads are those that are disseminated through the written press, either through newspapers or magazines and are made with the intention of selling a good or a service. Due to its low cost, it is an ideal tool for positioning an SME.
Here are Some Tips that will help you Write it Effectively
- Use keywords: if you do not distinguish your ad from others, you will not attract the attention of the public. Use bold and words that captivate your eyes, for example, for sale, attention and available.
- Create an ad urgently: be brief but concise with the phrases you use. Try not to use more than five words or you will have less space to describe your offer, leading to confusion.
- Describe the product: that the words you choose to write the ad describe what it really is. Consider the year, size, and condition.
- Do not publish the price: if you give good details in the insurance ad, they will call you without having to say the cost of the product. Unless it’s a price with an exceptional offer.
- Leave your contacts: never forget to provide your phone numbers, address, website and even social networks.
- Categorize your ad: no matter how well written the ad is, if it is not in the right section it will not sell.
- Publish it in the medium that your target audience reads: it is useless to launch the best advertisement in a medium that your target audience does not read, that is why it is important to analyze which newspapers and magazines that sector reads.
- Use simple language: use short words, avoid punctuation marks and abbreviations.
- Indicate your readers what to do: “call”, “write”, “visit us”, among others.
- Check the final product: whenever you launch a classified ad in a newspaper, look for your ad in the newspaper and rectify that it has no errors and that it is as requested.
Now, tell us about your experience, have you ever used this type of classified ads? With what result?